"BS 10008 ensures that any electronic information required as evidence of a business transaction is afforded the maximum evidential weight. The process is based on the specification of requirements for planning, implementing, operating, monitoring and improving the organization’s information management systems."
- The management of electronic information over long periods, including through technology changes, where information integrity is vital
- How to manage the various risks associated with electronic information
- How to demonstrate the authenticity of electronic information
- The management of quality issues related to document scanning processes
- The provision of a full life history of an electronic object throughout its life
- Electronic transfer of information from one computer system to another
- Covers policies, security issues, procedures, technology requirements and auditability of electronic document management systems (EDMS).