Featured Post

Welcome to the Forensic Multimedia Analysis blog (formerly the Forensic Photoshop blog). With the latest developments in the analysis of m...

Friday, July 25, 2008

Can Vista show thumbnails of my RAW files

In a discussion about RAW usage and the perils of Vista, a question came up about Vista's ability to show thumbnails of RAW images. 

Interestingly enough, Microsoft has an answer to this. Check out the download section of Microsoft's Pro Photo site. Most of the popular Canon and Nikon cameras are supported, as are Sony, Pentax, and Olympus. Vista should try to resolve this problem automatically. But, if it doesn't or can't for some reason, download and apply the correct codec and enjoy RAW support throughout Vista.

2 comments:

rs said...

Jim, I really look forward to reading your entries. However, I use Google Reader and recently you must have turned off the switch for full-feeds. I wish you'd turn it back on! Keep up the great topics/thoughts/writing.
Ralph Sanders

Jim Hoerricks, PhD said...

There are quite a few sites that "syndicate" the blog. My posts tend to get long and some of the sites have asked me to switch feed styles. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm just trying to get the word out to as many people as possible. Cheers and thanks for reading the blog. Jim