Featured Post

Welcome to the Forensic Multimedia Analysis blog (formerly the Forensic Photoshop blog). With the latest developments in the analysis of m...

Thursday, June 19, 2014

RTFM solves Omnivore issue

Every once and a while, we have to be reminded to RTFM.

I had a piece of DME that had a weird codec from a company that has long since closed its doors. It has audio, which is more important than the video. Omnivore was going fine for a bit, then started dumping frames like crazy. I have a few Omnivores, so I tried each one. Same issue. So, I tried different computers. Same issue. Then, a helpful voice reminded me to RTFM. It turns out that Windows Aero was getting in the way of a proper capture - the fix to which is found in the Omnivore-Guide.pdf which is on the Omnivore.


Right click on the desktop and select Personalize.


Choose one of the basic themes - like Windows Classic.

This solved my problem.

So, if you're having Optimization or Capture problems on Windows 7, check your Personalization settings - or RTFM.

No comments: