Featured Post

Welcome to the Forensic Multimedia Analysis blog (formerly the Forensic Photoshop blog). With the latest developments in the analysis of m...

Monday, July 6, 2009

Ikena?

I got a note recently from the folks at Motion DSP about their Ikena product. Everyone always promises that their product is the best, the fastest, the cheapest, and so forth. These folks even put a little page together on their site that takes it a step farther ... and calls out Ocean Systems directly (as opposed to the usually generic "other guys").

I've got it on my list of things to do ... get my hands on the product and put it through some real tests. I'll let you know what happens ... as always.

2 comments:

Brewster said...

I would like to see how this software compares with Starwitness or Sailent Stills for the video clean up work (since this won't do de-multiplexing).

Though, trying out their trial of the consumer version, it seems to have some decent results, though in my tests with a license plate from a cell phone video have not been too successful. What are the differences between the consumer and the forensic softwares if you know?

By the by, thanks for your blog. I'm a new AV Forensic Analyst and your blog has been helpful with the pointers, tricks and updates!

Jim Hoerricks, PhD said...

Biggest differences seem to be power and functionality (and price). They seem to want to mate the software with a specific NVidia card for best performance.

Hopefully, I'll be on the phone with them later in the week and get my hands around a copy of the software soon enough. I'll let you know what happens.