Featured Post

Welcome to the Forensic Multimedia Analysis blog (formerly the Forensic Photoshop blog). With the latest developments in the analysis of m...

Friday, May 2, 2008

Disabled Layer Masks



A reader writes, "Help. I've got red X marks on my layer masks. What did I do and how can I get rid of them. My masks aren't working."

Those red X marks, recreated for you in the above image, are a visual reminder that your masks are disabled. Here's how it works.
  1. Click on Layer>Layer Mask>Disable ... or
  2. Shift+Click the layer mask thumbnail (disable and enable) ... or
  3. Ctrl+Right Click on the mask and select disable/enable layer mask from the context menu.

As with many things in Photoshop, there is more than one way to do the same thing.

I know that the red X marks can be a bit shocking. Hopefully, this will help if you've accidentally disabled your masks.

Enjoy.

No comments: