Featured Post

Welcome to the Forensic Multimedia Analysis blog (formerly the Forensic Photoshop blog). With the latest developments in the analysis of m...

Monday, May 15, 2017

In praise of virtual machines and controlled installations of codecs and players

It's been quite a while since I've posted in the this space. I've been over on LinkedIn and the Amped Software blog. I just wanted to take a moment to mention what I've been up to lately.


Last month in the Advanced Processing Techniques class, controlled installation of codecs and players in a virtualized environment was one of the topics of discussion. You really get to see what havoc is wrought against your OS installation by controlling the installation and tracking the changes.

I rather prefer not to have to install players and codecs. That's the beauty of proxy files and Amped DVRConv / Amped FIVE. But when I have to install them, having the ability to work in virtual space is huge. Our licensing model means that the USB dongle can easily be accessed from within the space - making it easy to work with any of the Amped Software tools in virtualized environments.

Next month, I'll be presenting our tools at the Axon Accelerate Conference. You can click on the link to register. It's going to be a great event. Then, it's back to the office for more training sessions.

Enjoy.

No comments: