- Video Loader: if format is not properly decoded, tries to apply the DVR conversion
- Video Loader: added buttons to panel for DVR conversion
- Video Writer: fixed rounding error which was not always setting the precise output frame rate
- Component Separation: additional parameter to extract a specific channel without the need of an additional filter
- Software protection: corrected bug on systems with multiple Amped dongles (only the first was recognized) [I noticed this when leaving dongles in for FIVE and Authenticate]
- Filter Settings: on/off button icon changes when toggled
- DVR Change Container To AVI: improved support for proprietary DVR formats conversion (now supports around 70% of formats on the market)
- DVR Change Container To AVI: if the input file path is not writable (e.g. DVD) it saves the converted file on the Desktop
- User Interface: improved Filters panel mouse over behavior to avoid inadvertently change filter group
- Video decoding: avoid crash for videos that have a frame rate of zero (variable frame rate), setting it to 1 as default.
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
FIVE now supports around 70% of proprietary formats on the market
Yesterday, Amped Software announced a significant update to FIVE. Here's what's new and improved:
With the conversion of format being the bulk of my current work, this is huge news. FIVE is a great time saving tool given that you have the proprietary file preserved - and most times the investigator just needs a quick look to see if the video is relevant.