"We just released an update to FIVE with a lot of improvements, bug corrections and customer requested features.
Despite FIVE having very advanced and automated reporting capabilities, it’s undeniable that most of us use very often Word, PowerPoint and other programs to show our results to courts, customers and colleagues. They could be simple investigative reports or some tutorials for explaining how to work with images and video.
I do it daily and I was sick of saving pictures and importing them in other various applications, so we added a very convenient way to interact with third party programs.
In the latest version of Amped FIVE (release 5989), if you right click on the Save Snapshot button in the Player Panel of FIVE you will have access to new settings for the Save Snapshot button.
These are the available options:
- Save Image (Automatic Filename): the displayed image is saved in the default path, along with the current project file needed to recreate the image from scratch.
- Save Image (Selected By The User): like above, but the user can select the filename and folder of the file.
- Send Image To Clipboard: the displayed image is copied to the system clipboard to be pasted in other applications.
- Send Image To Word: the displayed image is copied in the currently opened Word document.
- Send Image to PowerPoint: the displayed image is copied in the currently opened PowerPoint document.
- Current Image: saves the currently displayed image alone.
- Current Window: saves the full Amped FIVE interface.
- Full Screen: saves the whole screen.
The last selection is kept in memory so the next time you simply click the button Save Snapshot it will be reapplied.
Imagine how useful it is the combination of these features: you can show and explain step by step in a document or presentation, all the operations done with FIVE."
It's amazing to have a company respond to suggestions by implementing changes in such a speedy fashion. For those agencies with pre-made report templates in MS Word, or who use MS PowerPoint extensively, this is a huge time saver.