Featured Post

Welcome to the Forensic Multimedia Analysis blog (formerly the Forensic Photoshop blog). With the latest developments in the analysis of m...

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Print to PDF? Not in Snow Leopard

I spend a lot of time on-line researching this and that. When I find something that I'll need to cite later, I usually make a PDF of the web page. Up until very recently, I would right-click on the page and select Print Page from the menu.


In the resulting dialog, I'd select Adobe PDF - which would launch the Distiller.


With Snow Leopard (Mac OS 10.6), things have changed. Distiller no longer works. Adobe says that the change has to do with added security in Snow Leopard.

The new dialog features a PDF button on the bottom of the box.


Click on it, and you'll see a variety of options. Choose the one that suits you best.

According to Adobe, this new way works better than Distiller. But, some folks hadn't heard about the change. Others, didn't know that Distiller was the little bugger that did all of Acrobat's print work behind the scenes. So, when they were searching the web for a solution - it was just out of reach.

No comments: