Featured Post

Welcome to the Forensic Multimedia Analysis blog (formerly the Forensic Photoshop blog). With the latest developments in the analysis of m...

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Bento vs. Lightroom - update

I've been testing Filemaker's Bento and Lightroom from a file management, case management standpoint. I got to a certain point and stopped. It's kind of like falling in love ... you know it when you know it. It became an apples/oranges test. I love them both, and for different reasons.

As far as Lightroom is concerned, I've started a Forensic Lightroom blog to discuss the Lightroom issues. I'll be posting there weekly and exploring Lightroom from a LE perspective.

From a file management, case management standpoint, Bento has won - hands down. For a small business like mine, it's perfect. It ties in with all of my scheduling apps, mail, and so forth. I can customise the fields to meet my needs. I can capture all of the necessary data, and use that data to make sense of what's going on within my business. The only downside for most of my readers - it's a Mac-only product.

So I am going to keep using Bento for now. I think that there will be a time in the near future where I will outgrow it. When that happens, I'll move up to Filemaker Pro. I am so impressed with their products, that they've earned a loyal customer.

We'll be taking an in-depth look at Bento in October. I've planned a series out that looks at it from several helpful angles. Until then, enjoy.

No comments: