I think many of the organizations out there for people that do what we do have some sort of statement about ethics or an actual Code of Ethics. The IACIS, for example, has theirs on their membership page.
IACIS Code of Ethics
IACIS members must demonstrate and maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct.
IACIS members must:
- Maintain the highest level of objectivity in all forensic examinations and accurately present the facts involved.
- Thoroughly examine and analyze the evidence in a case.
- Conduct examinations based upon established, validated principles.
- Render opinions having a basis that is demonstratively reasonable.
- Not withhold any findings, whether inculpatory or exculpatory, that would cause the facts of a case to be misrepresented or distorted.
- Never misrepresent credentials, education, training, and experience or membership status.