Featured Post

Welcome to the Forensic Multimedia Analysis blog (formerly the Forensic Photoshop blog). With the latest developments in the analysis of m...

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Mapping mouse buttons in Avid

One of the first things we are taught to do when setting up our Avids is to map the keyboard. Once I've put the mark-in / mark-out where I want them, my mix down in the right place, and my render button in a convenient spot ... one would think that I was done. But what about the mouse? Did you know that you can map the mouse buttons as well?

Open your mouse settings ("Mouse" in the settings window), then open your command palette (from Tools) and drag your favourite commands to the mouse buttons. Now obviously this works best with a multi-button mouse - or go nuts and get a Nostromo.

No comments: