Featured Post

Welcome to the Forensic Multimedia Analysis blog (formerly the Forensic Photoshop blog). With the latest developments in the analysis of m...

Friday, July 25, 2008

Calibrate your eyes?

"My monitor is pretty good. My eyes are pretty good as well. My monitor looks all right to me. Do I really need to calibrate my monitor?"

Great question. There are several hardware/software combinations out there to calibrate your monitor. But, what about your eyes?

  
Brightness and colour contrast standards courtesy of
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Duke University

Check out the Center for Cognitive Neuroscience's "See it for yourself" page. See just how "off" your perception may be. Read the explanations as to why you see things the way in which you do. The results will surprise you.

No comments: